Regional Centre for Clinical Research in Psychosis
Based on the "Research programme for Psychiatry and Mental Health in Norway" (15.12.04) the Regional Centre for Clinical Research in Psychosis have been granted 1,5 million NOK annually.
- Adm Coordinator 50%: Inge Joa, Stavanger Hospital Trust.
- Post. Doc. 100%: Hans Langeveld, Stavanger Hospital Trust.
- Md. Phd. Professor in Psychiatry TK. Larsen, Stavanger Hospital Trust.
- Phd. student 100%: Wenche ten Velden Hegelstad, Stavanger Hospital Trust.
The Regional Centre for Clinical Research in Psychosis aim to realise the following:
1. Develop an assesment packet for diagnosis and treatment evaluation for psychosis disorders.
2. Early intervention in psychosis in the health region.
3. Initiate and conduct studies on psychosis in young patients (<18 years).
4. Conduct studies on substance abuse and psychosis.
5. Establish collaborative projects that include analyses of genetic factors and MRI of the brain.
6. Develop regional, national and international research networks.
7. Lay the foundation for the recruitment of researchers to science of high international quality.
The group consists of the following persons with advisory role: Prof.. Thomas H. McGlashan, Yale, USA. Prof.. Patrick D. McGorry, Univ Melbourne.Au. Prof.. Per W. Vaglum, University of Oslo. Prof.. Bjorn Rishovd Round, UiO.Prof. Ingrid Melle, University of Oslo. Prof.. Ole Andreassen, University of Oslo. Dr Jo Smith, the National Early Intervention in Psychosis program, England. Dr.Med Jan Ivar Røsberg, University of Oslo.
The Regional Centre for Clinical Research on Psychosis cooperates with the Network for Research on Anxiety and the Network for Research on Affective Disorders.